Monday, May 25, 2009

My Juliana-Shake

I can't tell you how many folks have asked me why I call Juliana "My Juliana-Shake". Well, I agree that its not your typical term of endearment, but it means something to us. When I adopted Juliana at 9 months old and we were still in Shymkent, Kazakhstan, Juliana and I liked to dance together. I would sing James Brown's "I Feel Good" and we'd boogie-woogie. Her favorite part was when I held her arms and shook her a bit. She's squeal at the top of her lungs and throw her head back and erupt with laughter. So one day after just giving her a bottle, my mother commented that I was "making a milkshake" as we were dancing together. So from there on out "Juliana-Shake" became her pet name. So here we are near 4 years later...she's still "My Juliana-Shake" and we're still shaking our booties together.

1 comment:

  1. Boy...can she boogie-woogie!!!
    Missing me some Juliana-Shakes and a side of Aiden,too:)
    Hope you are enjoying some extra love, hugs and kisses!!!

    ReplyDelete