Saturday, May 2, 2009

Eyes of Wonder

I hate bugs. I mean, I truly despise them! In fact, the Orkin man and I are on a first-name basis. So when Juliana recently became fascinated with Mayflies, I secretly cringed on the inside as I faked my own excitment about her new discovery on the outside. But then she asks the unspeakable... "Mommy, I want one. Got get it for me, please." Phobias or no, you can bet I launched myself into a Mayfly-catching mission right then and there . So there I am trooping myself up and down our bushes (with my skin just absolutely crawling, mind you) trying to catch a blame bug! The look of wonder in Juliana's eyes as I handed her the gummie-bear jar with her very own Mayfly in it made every heebie-jeebie worth while. (should have washed the jar out first though...was kinda sticky in there for the poor guy...whoops!)

1 comment:

  1. Yeah...I suspect you meant for the jar to be sticky so the poor guy could not escape....just a sneaky suspicion of mine!

    BTW...that was a sweet sacrifice to be a part of Juliana's newest endeavors... it's a true sign of a best mommy ever lifetime award!

    ReplyDelete